[Qgis-developer] Git repo available for testing

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri May 13 16:51:58 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin (and others who need to merge changes over)
>
> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Then I have a question regarding merging stuff from other
>> repositories. For example customization we have done with Radim is
>> based on Sourcepole clone, Pirmin's globe work is also based on that
>> clone. Those are repositories with a different base, so I would expect
>> that merging will not work automatically. Anyone has some experience
>> with such use case?
>
> I wrote up a guide[1] on how to migrate your changesets into git from
> a 'foreign' repo. The process was quite easy for me, hopefully it will
> be for you too.
>
> [1] http://www.qgis.org/wiki/GitMigration

Your guide worked well for me, thanks.

In the official repository I have created a new branch
'browser-and-customization' that contains all the work we (Radim and
me) presented on the hackfest in Lisbon. We will do some cleanups
there, then merge it to master and continue polishing it there.

Regards
Martin