[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Re: Problem with big tiff

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Tue May 17 17:13:52 EDT 2011

Hi Alex,
Thanks a lot! Yes you point to two of my problems, I had first problem
with one of my qgis and another with another qgis:
1) The problem I cannot solve is to compile myself qgis 1.7.0rc knowing
that the gdal I have was upgraded to 1.8.0. Could you please tell me if
you know how to switch back to get gdal 1.7.0 and compile against it?
As I wrote earlier, I detailed the error messages and pointed to my
install script in qgis-developer list, here:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/gdal-1-8-0-no-tiff-support-anymore-in-Ubuntu-11-04-Natty-tc6365327.html

2) The other problem that I somehow solved: I compiled one version a few
weeks ago against gdal 1.7.0; when updating to gdal 1.8.0, I was
proposed to remove  gdal 1.7.0, I did it, which broke this qgis (I could
not find back the right package again; I copied libgdal1.7.0.so.1 from
another machine which is still on Ubuntu 10.10, this solves the issue)

Thanks a lot for your support!
Mayeul