[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-tr] Small typo in italian traslation (git b610620)

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue May 24 06:01:46 EDT 2011

Hi Paolo,

On Tue, 24. May 2011 at 10:45:06 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 24/05/2011 10:32, Gabriele Monfardini ha scritto:
> > I all I've found a small typo in the italian translation of the option panel and I'm
> > sending you a patch (made with git diff)
> > Please in case cc me since I'm not subscribed to the tr mailing list.

> Corrected, pull request done.
> Thanks.

I executed that pull request.  One thing I'd like to note is that when having
unpulled/unpushed commits, we should use git pull --rebase to update the tree.
That way those commits will be reverted before the pull and reapplied after the
pull, so that the pull (merge) can be fast-forwarded.

Otherwise there will be a "Merge from 'master'" commit, that in turn needs to
be pulled back in later.  And that unnecessarily inflates our history and IMHO
makes changes hard to track.

For that reason I'd like us to reject such pull requests in the future.  But
not being that experienced with git (or github) yet, I wonder what better
approaches are there to deal with this.  How do other projects deal with that?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden