[Qgis-developer] Exception "Access Violation No RTTI- Data!" on windows XP (32 bit)

maaza mekuria sailmcm at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 17:47:28 EDT 2011

Thanks Giovani for the response. I am developing a network modeling tool that analyzes a roadway bicycle transportation based on a classification scheme that we came up with. I have done routing for walk access to transit in the past and I am looking forward to porting that also to QGIS. But right now the modeling tool uses three sets of data (edge/vertex relationship) and using a network Voronoi algorithm (it is a sort of modified Tarjan/Dijkstra) to produce a demographic based trip matrix.

I would be delighted to contribute it, as long as the sponsoring agency, Mineta Transportation Institute (at San Jose State University) does not have problems with it. I am assuming they would be very happy to have a wider circulation for the work. I am grateful for this project, and I have come to enjoy using QGis and programming with it very much.

I have done the routing using pure C++ before, and I find that to be extremely productive and meets the challenges of processing large amounts of data. I have written a couple of network processing plugins using Python and they took a lot of time to run. But now that I am a bit proficient with C++ plugins in QGIS it is very fast sometimes it is too fast to compare with Python. This goes even for ArcGIS and VB (I have done some programming inside Esri Software also).

My suggestion for any data intensive work and one that would stay long, one should use C++.

What should I do with the error? Why is it happening, I am using QGis version 1.6. I am compiling from the  1.7  trunk.

Thank you for your help,

Maaza