[Qgis-developer] QBrowser & Customization

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:47:13 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just added GRASS support for QBrowser.

Which raises an interesting question: where/how virtual folders should
be inserted in the tree? By virtual folder I mean for example GRASS
location. It represents logical GRASS structure, but it does not
reflect exactly directory structure. A similar problem can appear if
more providers support one file.

Solutions:

1) Add the virtual folder on the same level as the directory (it
currently works this way), but then we get two folders of the same
name

2) Show only the virtual folder, not the directory - the problem is,
that the directory may contain another geographic data, for example
GRASS location may contain shapefiles which could not be accessed

3) Create one virtual item instead of the directory and into this item
insert 2 subitems - the virtual folder and the real directory.

All these solutions are bad. Do you have a better suggestion?

Radim