[Qgis-developer] Re: 1.7 release... ?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon May 30 15:53:31 EDT 2011

Hi Borys

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Borys Jurgiel <lists at borysjurgiel.pl> wrote:
> Dnia poniedziałek, 30 maja 2011 o 11:15:23 Jürgen E. Fischer napisał(a):
>> Hi Borys,
>>
>> On Mon, 30. May 2011 at 11:10:57 +0200, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
>> > If there are still some blockers, what about releasing it as 1.7 beta?
>>
>> We decided to postpone the release until the git/redmine migration is done
>> at the HF.
>
> Really? :) Seems I missed it, sorry!  :)
>
>> The redmine migration isn't finished yet.  Apart from that, I
>> don't see any blockers.
>
> I'm looking forward, not able to help now though :(
> Thanks!

Oh!  Angry users! Sounds bad :-) At least they are angry for the right
reasons (an insatiable appetite for new QGIS releases) :-). Borys
there is nothing really stopping us releasing now in my book, except
that we wanted to try to have trac migrated to redmine as Juergen
mentioned. I spent some time on it but havent had the time needed to
sit and really get it working. While work has been continuing on
master branch we have been applying fixes from trunk also to the
release branch so in effect its just getting better and better while
it waits. If others agree we can postpone the redmine shift for after
the release and I will go ahead and put out the call for packaging.

Please cast your vote:

- release now
- wait for the redmine migration

If you are really desperate to get 1.7 to specific users, I made an
unofficial 'all in one' build a week or so back which I can let you
have - put I wont' put it online publically until we make the official
announcement so that we can get proper download stats etc. Email me
offlist if you want it.

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services