[Qgis-developer] Re: MXD

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Tue May 31 08:57:20 EDT 2011

Hello allanlumte,

allanlumte <lumtegis at gmail.com>, [20110526 - 14:35:44]

> >From an arcpy approach
> http://geoscripting.blogspot.com/2011/05/exporting-current-arcmap-document.html
> Mxd2Qgs tool  can export arcmap layers to a qgs project file.
> Good thing that qgs files are take xml format.

Cool thing. We are working on a similar converter to UMN MapServer
(including styling and stuff). It will be ready by autumn (hopefully
to FOSS4G).

Since you are using ArcPy you cannot transfer the layer-styling right?

Best

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998