[Qgis-developer] Approximate reprojection for vectors

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Tue Nov 1 08:38:20 EDT 2011

> > Martin I just found that you proposed a patch to allow speed up vector
> > rendering
> >
> > http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3200
> >
> > maybe this can be tested again and added in time for 1.8?
>
> Giovanni,
> porting and testing the patch would need quite a lot of time.
> Definitely not something that could be released soon.

A propos feature caching: there was an interesting presentation at foss4g 2007
about feature caching:

http://2007.foss4g.org/presentations/viewattachment.php?attachment_id=131

The idea to use r-Tree entities as data blocks sounds reasonable. Would be
cool to have something like this in QGIS.

Regards,
Marco

Am Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2011, 15.16:32 schrieb Martin Dobias:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Giovanni Manghi
>
> <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Martin I just found that you proposed a patch to allow speed up vector
> > rendering
> >
> > http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3200
> >
> > maybe this can be tested again and added in time for 1.8?
>
> Giovanni,
> porting and testing the patch would need quite a lot of time.
> Definitely not something that could be released soon.
>
> Martin

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland