[Qgis-developer] Possible GUI Enhancement for canvas Selection Editing

Mars Sjoden marsofearth at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 00:14:56 EDT 2011

I have been testing using the Edit Form via Identify Tool using "Open
feature form.." Mode.

I still wonder though if it is not possible to allow for Direct Editing
within the Identify Results window.

Not that anything is really broke, but I still feel it would give the
User a more consistent feel and flow and enhanced efficiency to their
workspace and editing.

For instance when a layers Attribute Table is open AND its related layer is
editable,
double clicking a value cues that value for editing.
Problem with editing an Attribute Table is that it can span 3 Screens while
the efficiency
of an Identify Results window can show everything compact in a nice list.

I do want to say that I am still very much in favour of the "Edit Form"
I can invision the Edit Form becoming a very advanced Attribute Editing
window.

If there was an "Attribute Editing Form" that was user adjustable,
allowing specific Attributes to be viewable in a user specified order,
the "Attribute Editing Form" could become a very powerful and efficient
data entering tool.

I suppose the real question is whether it is better to combine the Edit
Form with the Identify Results window,
Or possibly adding another "Attribute Editor Tool" to the Editor Tool bar
that would allow selecting features
on the canvas to open an advanced Edit Form.

Just some thoughts .

mars