[Qgis-developer] Plugin metadata in a text file

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:28:40 EST 2011

2011/11/9 Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good idea Martin.
>> I had the a thought the other day that it would be good to be able to list
>> the dependencies of the plugin in there too.
>
> Yes. And there are more things that should be added: plugin home page,
> author name, author mail, ...
>
>> This list would have to be hand maintained but the author .  The plugin
>> installer would then be able to see before trying to install what the
>> package needs to run correctly.
>
> I remember some discussions on this topic on qgis-dev list. The
> dependencies may be external python modules, other qgis python
> plugins, maybe something more...

I think that the metadata for the  plugins will probably change (and
grow) over time, it would be probably a good idea to change the  web
plugins app schema to handle metadata as denormalized
key-values-pairs.

Martin: can you please give me a list of required metadata ?

... tags should be added too.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it