[Qgis-developer] Plugin metadata in a text file

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 03:56:02 EST 2011

2011/11/10 Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net>:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 05:55:06PM +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
>> Yeah.  It would be easier from a developer point of view.  I can just stick
>> my change log in there and the web app just reads it in saving me the time
>> to have to fill it out plus then when you download it you have a central
>> place to look for the change log.
>
> Mind you: a change log grow rate sounds pretty different from a
> configuration directive list grow rate.
> Your changelog might get huge...
> How about using a different file for that ?

I think the idea is to only store changes from the previous version,
each version is stored separately on the plugins app.

BTW I'm also concerned about storing potentially huge text blobs
inside an ini file.

I'm not very skilled with that format, is that ok for large text blobs
? I thought it was best suited for kwp.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it