[Qgis-developer] [WEB CLIENT] Merged my fork to master repo

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Nov 10 19:54:46 EST 2011

Hi All

Just an update for if you are using the QGIS Web client - I have
merged the changes in my fork to the main repo. These changes were
discussed with Andreas Neumann and others some time ago but tonight is
the first change I have had to actually merge them. A summary of the
changes is as follows:

- public files have been moved down into 'site' folder so that it is
easy to keep project files and data out of the web public space
- a default qgis project with a highly original name of
'helloworld.qgs' is provided along with a spatialite database with
some awesome looking layers [1]. The goal here is to bring down the
'time to feeling good' for a new user setting up the client to a few
minutes since we already ship with a basic working configuration that
lets them try out the service.
- I have templated GlobalOptions.js with two versions :
GlobalOptions.js.templ-900913 and GlobalOptions.js.templ-4326. They
provide sensible starting point defaults for working with Geographic
and Google Mercator - more templates could be added as needed. Knowing
that you need to set CRS dependent defaults has been a stumbling block
for new users in our experience.
- A new landing page laid out with blueprint css which we will
eventually popuplate with more useful getting started info [2]
- renamed icons directory to gis_icons as the old name caused
conflicts with apache's built in icons directory on some
configurations.
- added a templated sample apache config file so that you can just
rename it, tweak it and drop it in your apache sites-available folder
and then deploy it
- redid the readme in text2tags, added my nifty looking templating
stuff and generated pdf for it [3]

There are probably other changes here that I have forgotten to mention
but I think those are the main items. We still need to update the
readme to contain more up to date 'getting started' instructions soon.

[1] http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/vpbcrjby/Selection_001.png
[2] http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/2z3dmpfb/Selection_002.png
[3] https://github.com/qgis/qgis-web-client/blob/master/README.pdf?raw=true

Best regards