[Qgis-developer] Call for packaging: QGIS 1.7.2

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 07:05:05 EST 2011

Hi Folks

Today I have branched QGIS version release-1_7_2 - the second maintenance
release on the 1.7.x branch.

The source tarball is here:
http://qgis.org/downloads/qgis-1.7.2.tar.bz2
and the md5 checksum is here:
http://qgis.org/downloads/qgis-1.7.2.tar.bz2.md5

You can check out this branch (depending on your personal settings) using:

git fetch origin
git branch --track release-1_7_2 origin/release-1_7_2

If packagers would be so kind as to update http://download.qgis.org
with links to their latest wares, it will be appreciated. I'll give a
few days (and until we have Windows binaries at minimum) before making
the announcement to the world.

Please note that I have reinstated maintenance of the CHANGELOG file
in the root of the source tree, so consult that (or the
help->about->whats new? tab after building) to see what changes were
made. Some of the last minute commits will not be mentioned there.
There are no new features in the release, only bug fixes and small
tweaks.

This will be the last 1.7.x release.

Best regards
Werner