[Qgis-developer] Feedbacks about Qgis Server

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:40:25 EST 2011

Hi

I really think getting the client DPI with javasrcipt is not a good idea
(if possible). It will lead to weird behaviours and misunderstandings.

My point was only to be consistent with the other map servers (Mapserver
default is 72 dpi) and clients (Openlayers uses by default 72 dpi). This is
why I proposed a way to set the DPI per project.
Since there is a very easy way to tell OpenLayers how to work with 96 dpi
(as described before), this subject is not so important. As Marco
Hugentobler said "96 seems better to me since most screens have a similar
resolution"

Michael