[Qgis-developer] test plugins in new plugin repo which can be removed?

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 06:09:06 EST 2011

2011/11/16 Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net>:
> On 2011-11-16 11:48, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>> now that we use the new plugin infrastructure: there are some
>> 'testing'-plugins which (I think) can be removed:
>>
>> http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/TimPlugin/
>> (was a test of tim in lisbon, he can remove it probably)
>>
>> http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/FieldEvaluator/
>> (was a test of testuser (actually raymond) in lisbon, but we don't know
>> the credentials of 'testuser', so maybe Alessandro can remove it)
>> Raymond has a copy of it, so can continue using his own credentials if
>> he wants to.
>
> Probably Hello World also?
> http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/HelloWorld/

I'm not against removing it: it just does nothing.

The only reason for not doing so would be leaving it for learning
purposes as an example for who wants to start from scratches, but it
should be updated to reflect metadata.txt introduction etc..
You know, programmers like "helloworld" unuseful programs :)

BTW some in this list have admin rights in the plugins application and
can remove plugins. The plugin authors can do it as well.

Current admins are (first name listed, better don't post account names here):

Alessandro (that's me)
Gary
Tim
Martin

some other users have staff status, wich means they can approve
plugins and grant/revoke "trust" to selected users so that they can
approve their own plugins.

Current staff is:

Giuseppe
Radim

additionally, staff users can also acces the backend administration
panel, but they can't do much unless the admins give them rights to
selected actions on the system apps.

if somebody else needs admin/staff rights in the plugins app, please tell.

PS: Later I will try to summarize the changes/improvements I've done
to the plugins web app during the HF.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it