[Qgis-developer] "official" qgis users?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Nov 17 02:15:20 EST 2011

Hi

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/11/15 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
>> Hi all.
>> I think we could add a menu item to qgis, allowing an user to register as
>> such:
>> - subscribing to the -users mailng list
>> - adding an username to the new plugin app (so plugin reports can be
>> identified)

+1

I think I already mentioned I actually did the work for this before as
part of a 'first run' wizard (which could also be launched from a menu
I guess). Actually it just did the steop of adding the user to the
users map, but the others can be accommodated in the same way I think.
I am slightly afraid I threw the work away by accident somewhere but
will try to dig it up and apply it to master.

Regards

Tim

> +1
>
> but on the last point keep in mind that the plugin web app and (AFAIK)
> redmine both authenticate on OSGEO LDAP.
>
> --
> Alessandro Pasotti
> w3:   www.itopen.it

 * QGIS programming and support services