[Qgis-developer] Call for packaging: QGIS 1.7.2

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Sat Nov 19 21:03:21 EST 2011

On 13/11/2011, at 20:05 , Werner Macho wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> Today I have branched QGIS version release-1_7_2 - the second maintenance
> release on the 1.7.x branch.
>
> The source tarball is here:
> http://qgis.org/downloads/qgis-1.7.2.tar.bz2
> and the md5 checksum is here:
> http://qgis.org/downloads/qgis-1.7.2.tar.bz2.md5
>
> You can check out this branch (depending on your personal settings) using:
>
> git fetch origin
> git branch --track release-1_7_2 origin/release-1_7_2
>
> If packagers would be so kind as to update http://download.qgis.org
> with links to their latest wares, it will be appreciated. I'll give a
> few days (and until we have Windows binaries at minimum) before making
> the announcement to the world.
>
> Please note that I have reinstated maintenance of the CHANGELOG file
> in the root of the source tree, so consult that (or the
> help->about->whats new? tab after building) to see what changes were
> made. Some of the last minute commits will not be mentioned there.
> There are no new features in the release, only bug fixes and small
> tweaks.
>
> This will be the last 1.7.x release.

I'm not sure if this is totally relevant, but I'm going to point out that on the OSGEO versions of the Windows install, qgis-dev recently took to using GRASS RC2. This carefully uninstalled RC1, causing a non-fatal error in the qgis.bat file.

If the 1.7.2 branch happened after that point (and I'm not sure on the timing - which is why I'm not sure it's relevant) then the qgis.bat file needs updating to reflect this.

-ramon.