[Qgis-developer] Inconsistent display of a selected simple outline polygon

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Nov 21 03:53:23 EST 2011

On 2011-11-20 03:38, Ramon Andiñach wrote:
> On my OSGEO windows install of 1.7.1 if I select a single outline polygon, it changes the visible[1] parts of the outline to the selection colour.
> On my MacOS install (Thanks William) 1.7.1 it leaves the outline alone and fills the shape.
> I think on linux it behaves like the windows version.
>
> These are all nominally 1.7.1 packaged versions, using the new symbology.
>
> Can anyone else confirm this?
>
> Thanks,
> -ramon.
>
> [1] if there's adjacent polygons that are rendered later (higher?) in the layer then the highlighting doesn't show, leaving potential for an unhighlighted selection.

Hi Ramon,

I saw there is some discussion going on about how to show or not show
selections of polygons also in an issue: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4553

Maybe good to start some discussion page somewhere on the wiki?

One (maybe tricky?) way would be to put all selections on top in some
kind of memory layers... though the bookkeeping of that layer is maybe
hard (removing items when changing visibility?, how to handle huge
selections? etc etc)?

Somebody aware of the way other desktop gis applications are handling this?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde