[Qgis-developer] Unique value renderer in New Symbology?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 14:48:41 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Gary Sherman <gsherman at geoapt.com> wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2011, at 10:16 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:
>
>> Hi Gary
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Gary Sherman <gsherman at geoapt.com> wrote:
>>> A couple of questions for those of you fresh from the HF/planning session:
>>>
>>> 1. When will old symbology be removed?
>>
>> In 2.0 release.
>>
>>> 2. Will there be a unique value renderer in new symbology?
>>
>> There is 'categorized symbol' renderer which is meant to act also as a
>> unique value renderer in old symbology.The categorized renderer is
>> just more general - instead of a 'fixed' random color generator you
>> can use colors from any color ramp - currently either a gradient or a
>> random colors (using a subset of color space).
>

> Using random colors seems I'm having trouble getting unique colors for every class. The unique renderer seems to give me better results. Am I missing something?

That may have something to do with the random color ramp you use -
maybe the amount of classes in renderer is higher than the number of
classes in random color ramp?

I admit the random color ramp is somehow unfinished - it requires you
to define a number of colors, but later it does not allow you to save
the generated palette.

Martin