[Qgis-developer] My first QGIS plugin

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 08:21:49 EST 2011

Hello Giovanni,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at gmail.com>wrote:

> the plugin is missing the icon for the plugin toolbar

 I will fix this. Used the resources.py for that, but was giving me some
error. It was late night that day and I left it to be fixed it later.

> it would be nice if it can import directly the downloaded csv files

I specifically left that import to be done manually, so that I don't
reinvent the wheel of CSV import, which is effectively handled by the
delimited text import plugin. Moreover the user gets to know where the data
file is stored and select them later. If imported directly, they might
download it multiple times (just my assumption :P)

> and also it would be nice to warn the user if the selected date/state is
> producing an empty dataset.

Yes that is a good thing to do too. Will fix that too.

> cheers

Thank you for the inputs
Cheers

Arunmozhi