[Qgis-developer] Why is scrolling in the attribute table so slow?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Nov 24 08:32:20 EST 2011

>> Maybe my view definition is slowing things down that much. I have to
>> see if
>> I can improve it.
>
> It would be good to use 'EXPLAIN' to see what is going on in the
> database - then probably adding some indices on columns of joined
> tables will speed things up significantly.

 yes - it is quite a complex view. Around 20 tables are involved and for
 the joins I am also using concatenations and regexp functions.

 Although the view involves a lot of tables with quite a bit of data,
 the result is actually really small (350 records) so I wonder, if for
 situations like this, if there couldn't be a user-defined option telling
 QGIS to load all data at once and cache it.

 But yes - it is probably also my homework to improve the view
 definition and indexes ...

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A