[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-community-team] RE: New QGIS logo

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Sun Nov 27 06:11:03 EST 2011

Le 27/11/2011 08:12, Tyler Mitchell a écrit :

> On 2011-11-26, at 10:32 PM, Micha Silver wrote:
>
>> On 27/11/2011 04:55, Alister Hood wrote:
>>> I always thought it was one of the best icons and logos I'd ever seen.
>>> Glad I'm not the only one who likes it ;)
>>
>> +1 (three so far?)
>
> I assumed it was all debated somewhere else, so didn't want to speak up. :)
> I was surprised to see it discussed and wonder who makes the decision that
> it should be changed in the first place.  I'm not opposed to variations but any
> major shift would be worth discussing with broader community (forgive me
> if it has been!).  I hate changing major brand look/feel of applications very
> often... so that's just me ;-)
>
> My 2 cents only,
> Tyler

No one decided and no a single person will, I made a proposal 3 months
ago, talks have been going on, several persons want to set up an art
contest where users can vote. You can hardly make a more "democratic" move.

And about the frequency of changes, I can't recall the last time QGIS
changed its logo. Change isn't bad or else osgeo.org would not be
changing its website.