AW: [Qgis-developer] Approximate reprojection for vectors

Möri Cedric Cedric.Moeri at bd.so.ch
Wed Oct 5 04:28:35 EDT 2011

Hi Martin

> In any case we should look into the performance in a more coordinated way:
> 1. choose a dataset for testing - ideally just 1-3 layers of real data
> with lots of features (e.g. 10000+) for each feature type - points,
> polylines, polygons. Any ideas for a free dataset?
> Martin

Feel free to use our free datasets at http://www.sogis.ch/daten You just have to register to download, but the data  are all free to use.
You may use e.g the Cadastral survey data of the City of Solothurn. In the zip you'll find Bo_BoFlaeche_A (ground cover, Polygon), Li_Grenzpunkt (border points of the properties, points). For lines there's e.g. Ei_Linienelement (line elements of the ground cover) or Bo_BoFlaeche_B (the same as Bo_BoFlaeche_A but not polygonized).

HTH
Regards
Cédric

Mit freundlichen Grüssen