[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.7.1 Mint 11 Katya... (natty?Ubuntu) - Symbology Change Randomly Crashes QGIS

Mars Sjoden aurorageomatics at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 23:05:40 EDT 2011

   - I would be more likely to donate to QGIS if I could actually find a
   place to donate on hub.qgis.org

I don't write checks so unless there is a way to pay cash or PayPal I
probably will not.

I will try building QGIS on Linux Mint with the debug flag set true,
It would be really sweet if I could highlight the exact issue that seems to
re-occur.

More Info on Data set issues:

   - Usually Shapefiles, although I have noticed this occur while using
   Postgis layers also (GML/XML)
   - I usually am dealing with data sets with 5000+ features
   - Symbology crash has occurred with Line, Poly, and Point data sets
   - Sometimes the crash with occur on the very first symbology change
   sometimes after quite a few hours and many symbology changes
   - Will occur for me when I change one of the following or any combination
   of, Transparency, Colour, Rules, Old Symbology or New Symbology
   - Hard Crash always occurs when selecting "OK" or "Apply" never at any
   other moment while changing the symbology.
   - I have had this issue since 1.4

Here is a moderately sized data set from GeoBC data warehouse that you can
test.
http://www.mediafire.com/?23jtegqv7e8qqep

Thanks for your time, besides the crashing all the time with symbology, QGIS
is my favourite GIS.