[Qgis-developer] Installed Qgis on Ubuntu - what do I do next?

Christopher Stark christopherstark at gmx.de
Sat Oct 15 06:23:56 EDT 2011

Hi,

thank you. I did all this but now I get this error message:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated
with it. The document tree is shown below.
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0"><ServiceException
code="ServiceNotSpecified">Service not specified. The SERVICE parameter
is mandatory</ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>

Questions below:

Am 14.10.2011 21:50, schrieb Giovanni Manghi:
>> What should I do as first steps after installing?
>
> if working correctly, the address
>
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi
>
> should return
>
> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0"><ServiceException
> code="OperationNotSupported">Please check the value of the REQUEST
> parameter</ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>
>
> Then just create a project in QGIS (use absolute paths) and in the
> project properties configure the parameters in the "WMS server" tab.

which paramenters are important here? What does absolute paths mean in
this regard

> Create a folder in
>
> /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
>
> and copy into it your QGIS project and a copy of qgis_mapserv.fcgi
>
> your server address will be
>

> http://localhost/cgi-bin/myprojectfolder/qgis_mapserv.fcgi
>

> cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --