[Qgis-developer] "Apply" to be avoided

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Oct 17 14:31:44 EDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 11:22 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 17/10/2011 16:52, Alex Mandel ha scritto:
>> Can you point out specific dialogs in which you are referring to?
> I already mentioned it in the first message: vector and raster
> classification, and diagram settings.
>> However the Apply button itself may be an issue for only new users, and
>> possibly something worth learning.
> I see in the numerous course I'm doing that people generally find it
> annoying.
> Obviously not a major issue, but I think we should start streamlining
> all the dialogs.
> All the best.

That's exactly my point, are you teaching people new to GIS or long time
GIS users? Also could you list a few specific dialogs, I'm curious to
pull them up and ponder methods for stream-lining.

I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement, I just want to make
sure we don't mess up things that Power users rely on.

Unlike the recent Gnome/Unity debacle in Ubuntu.

Thanks,
Alex