[Qgis-developer] Possible GUI Enhancement for canvas Selection Editing

Mars Sjoden marsofearth at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 22:42:44 EDT 2011

Hi,

I put together a short vid clip to try and illustrate a possible? gui
enhancement to editing attribute values while selecting features from the
canvas with editing of that same feature active.

http://youtu.be/3K7s6et1a6U

> I have been editing road feature attribute values lately by visually
> selecting roads that I know are now upgraded from Gravel to Paved surfaces.
> After editing a hundred of these features I started to wonder if it would
> be possible for the Dev's to make a feature enhancement to streamline the
> editing of feature attribute values via Identify Results window.
> IF this Clip is unclear please tell me, it's the first vid clip I have
> done, and I have not figured out a way to visualize the direct editing of
> values inside the Identify Results window.
> Thanks!
>
> Not sure if allowing the Identity values to be editable would produce a
conflict...

If it was a conflict or not possible this way, then perhaps,

double clicking a particular value could open an edit window for that same
specific value and active for editing, without having to scroll.

If not I'll just keep clicking away.

Thank you.

mars