[Qgis-developer] Possible GUI Enhancement for canvas Selection Editing

Mars Sjoden marsofearth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 23:52:29 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>
wrote:
> Hi Mars,
>
> In the QGIS settings, in the "Map Tools" tab there is a checkbox called
> "Open feature form, if a single feature is identified". If you enable this
> checkbox, the attribute editing form will appear immediately. It is often
> also useful to combine this with "Top down, stop at first" setting for the
> behavior of the "Identify" tool.
>
> The reason why there is a tree and a form is, that in cases of multiple
hits
> (multiple features within the tolerance, drill down option) you will get
the
> tree (read only). From there you can open the form with a right-klick.
>
> Maybe there is room for improvements here, if you have concrete
suggestions.

> Andreas

Ah Okay, Thank You!

The  >> *Top down, Stop at First* << works well.  I completely missed or
forgot about the multi-selection box and had it set on >> *Top Down* <<

Yah this pretty much works as I would like.

The only nit-picky thing I could see is to allow the >>* Edit Form* << to
be more condensed.
Perhaps smaller font size, and/or, less space between attributes if
possible?
Just to allow more Attributes to be seen within the form without the need
to scroll.

Top down, Stop at First is the trick though!

Thank You!

mars