[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-community-team] New QGIS logo

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Sep 1 08:14:15 EDT 2011

 I would assume the Q and the arrow represents a compass. The Q is the
 compass rose and the arrow is the needle.

 Personally, I don't think that the current logo/icon is that bad, but I
 am open to other proposals. I also don't think that the current logo is
 too complex. Look at Apples logo (i.e. of Safari) - this is pretty
 complex logo as well (I would say it is more complex than the QGIS logo)
 and people seem to like it.

 I also think that there could be different versions (e.g. with or
 without shadow or even with a different color). One could distinquish
 certain sub-projects (such as QGIS Server, QGIS Android, QGIS webclient)
 with a slightly modified QGIS logo.

 Andreas

 On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 00:46:53 +0400, Maxim Dubinin wrote:
> I like the idea of simplifying QGIS logo a lot.
> I never understood what is the point of arrow in QGIS logo? Can it be
> just stylized
> Q?
>
> Maxim
>
> Вы писали 31 августа 2011 г., 23:55:34:
>
> MJR> Hi,
>
> MJR> Here is a potential new logo for Quantum GIS 2 (done by Sylvain
> Beorchia) ->
>
> MJR> http://imageshare.web.id/images/qvqacswmv59l9rjxl1g6.png
>
> MJR> The actual is too complex with its gradients and shadows, here
> is a more
> MJR> simple logo which keeps most of the original design but a
> clearer way.
> MJR> The image linked above shows how it looks like at small size.
>
> MJR> By itself this change is worth creating a 2.0 git tag and to
> ship as
> MJR> soon as possible, it will increases our marketshare over 9000% !
>
> MJR> Regards,
> MJR> Jean Roc

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A