[Qgis-developer] New QGIS logo

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:45:11 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:55 PM, MORREALE Jean Roc
<jr.morreale at enoreth.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a potential new logo for Quantum GIS 2 (done by Sylvain Beorchia) ->
>
> http://imageshare.web.id/images/qvqacswmv59l9rjxl1g6.png
>
> The actual is too complex with its gradients and shadows, here is a more
> simple logo which keeps most of the original design but a clearer way. The
> image linked above shows how it looks like at small size.
>
> By itself this change is worth creating a 2.0 git tag and to ship as soon as
> possible, it will increases our marketshare over 9000% !

Indeed it would be good to give QGIS logo a face lift, it lacks the
modern bright and shiny web 2.0 compatible colors :)
A logo competition would be great, anybody would like to organize it?
The designer of winning logo will obtain a free copy of QGIS ...maybe
even digitally signed by Gary? :-)

Martin