[Qgis-developer] Re: QgsProject.instance().isDirty()

Bob English bobengl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:18:07 EDT 2011

Hi Martin,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  Since I had to meet a deadline for the
CAPS app I'm working on, I just wrote my own "is.dirty()" check in Python.
I thought maybe the QgsProject.instance().isDirty() function depended on the
layer list panel or some other part of QGIS that isn't part of my app.  I
looked through the developer list archives, but I didn't find anything
detailed about how the QgsProject class works.  I guess I'd have to read
through the C++ code, but my understanding of C++ is limited at this
point--something I intend to remedy in the near future.  If there is a good
intermediate level C++ book you know of, please let me know.

Also, thanks for your work on the Python documentation.  I would not been
able to develop the CAPS app without that help.  I will be posting my code
soon, and hopefully there will be some stuff in there that is useful for
creating documentation.  I am also willing to help out with some of the
PyQgis documentation if that is useful.

Thanks again,
Bob

-----