[Qgis-developer] DB Manager release

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Thu Sep 15 17:59:26 EDT 2011

Hi Mayeul,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Mayeul Kauffmann
<mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr> wrote:
> Great! What's the minimal QGIS version required?
> (I'm stuck with 1.7 until symbol levels with rule-based renderer find
> their way into the trunk).

if you meant what's the minimal version to use the Import Vector Layer
feature (and to do the same things I did in the video), then you need to
compile the latest master [1] or just wait for a nightly-build.

BTW, DBManager needs only psycopg2 and/or pyspatialite libs to work
with PG and SL databases.
I set QGis minimum version to 1.5 even if there's no a really required
version, if you have a newer version you can use more features,
it's easy! :)

[1] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/1a70dddca1c363f2e581dec201dd53e5cf3a4e52

Regards.

> Mayeul
>
> Le jeudi 15 septembre 2011 à 14:18 +0200, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
>> Hi all.
>> Thanks to the hard work of Giuseppe Sucameli, the supervision of Martin Dobias, and
>> the support of Google for its Summer of Code initiative, DB Manager is now available.
>> DBManager's aim is to merge together some QGis DB plugins, e.g. PGManager, SLManager,
>> RT_Sql_Layer.
>> In this moment it works with both PostgreSQL and SQLite databases and it displays the
>> list of tables, info about the selected table, table data and preview, but also
>> allows to rename/delete tables through its GUI and run query on the selected
>> database, so at this stage it replaces at all SLManager.
>> Thanks to Mauricio De Paulo (mauriciodev), now DB Manager also supports PostGIS Rasters!
>> The last DB Manager version has support to Import Vector Layer feature by drag'n'drop
>> a layer from the QGis browser (or even DB Manager) to a database in the DBManager
>> GUI. The Import Vector Layer feature allows to import/copy any vector layer QGis can
>> load between different datasources, i.e. PostGIS/SpatiaLite databases and OGR files.
>> It's available through the QgsVectorLayerImport class and it has just been merged in
>> master branch.
>> See [1] for an example of use.
>> Faunalia is committed to support the development of this tool, and other DB plugin
>> developers are welcome to join and merge their work, it this makes sense, to reduce
>> confusion for users.
>> Enjoy.
>>
>> [1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBe7WctSAXI

Giuseppe Sucameli