[Qgis-developer] QGIS For Humanity

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Sep 25 15:27:03 EDT 2011

Dear all

In November this year I will be giving a talk on the social and
humanitarian impact of the QGIS project. As such I am looking for
examples and case studies where QGIS has been used to promote human
upliftment, aid in disaster management, improve the lives of people
and so on. I would really appreciate it if anyone who has been
involved in such projects or has knowledge of such activities would
contact me so that I can get more information. Accompanying resources
with photos of QGIS being applied in these projects and of situational
state out in the field at the time of these events would also be
awesome.

I hope to use my talk to show in a concrete way that QGIS is more than
just a toy - its really helping to change peoples lives.

I look forward to hearing from you!

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux