[Qgis-developer] netiquette

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Sep 26 08:22:51 EDT 2011

Hi

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 1:39 PM,  <luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it> wrote:
8<-------------snip --------------------

> RFC 1855, paragraph 3.0 and below, could be a good start:
>
>   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

Yes but maybe distilled down to a few simple points - that rfc is a
bit heavy to read. Rather something like:

- please disable html mode in your mail client
- please post inline, inserting your comments after each point in the
original poster's message
- please clip away extraneous / irrelevant content from the thread as
the conversation goes on
- please don't email posters offlist unless specifically invited to do so
- please refrain from using expletives and making inflammatory comments
- if you disagree with someone, please provide a considered and
logical response explaining why a different approach should be taken

etc

Maybe we can add a link at the bottom of each message using mailman
pointing to the page containing similar content to the above list.

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services