[Qgis-developer] Project directory -or- where to store generated layers

Camilo Polymeris cpolymeris at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 11:42:13 EDT 2011

Hello again,

there is another processing-framework-related issue I would like your
opinion on:
The input and output layers of modules are currently stored in the
/temp directory or its windows equivalent. These files are, of course,
not persistent between sessions. Or as Paolo wrote in the processing
bug tracker[1]:

"Users should be able to save the results outside tmp, and give a
meaningful name; for vectors this is not a big issue (one could always
Save as... after analysis), but for rasters is more cumbersome.
See GdalTools for examples.
Temp files should be left only for intermediate steps; users usually
want a file as a result."

The problem is that, as far as I know, QGIS doesn't provide something
like a project directory. So what should the default path be? The
current working path?

Regards,

Camilo

[1] https://github.com/polymeris/qgis/issues/38