[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Closure of forum

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Apr 3 17:17:06 EDT 2012

Response is inline, basically I think all of those are covered by the
other tools. In some cases I think the Wiki could do an even better job
by allowing for more organization and interlinking of topics, of course
a wiki overall/update wouldn't hurt to kickstart that.

Only thing that users might want is a lower volume announce list? Maybe
limited to release announcements, plugin announcements and event
announcements? Read-only perhaps, to push conversation over to the other
lists.

I just realized there's a QGIS-edu list...

On 04/03/2012 02:04 PM, Gary Sherman wrote:
> I received this from a forum user:
>
> "I have seen that this forum is closing and I'm wondering where conversations unrelated to questions and answers will go to now?

i.e.

* experiences in using QGIS - Blogs (On QGIS website?), QGIS-user
Mailing list, Qgis Wiki (case studies)
* directions for development - Qgis-developer mailing list, Qgis Wiki
* resources being developed to support QGIS - Qgis-user mailing list,
Qgis Wiki, Plugins site
* training events, etc. - Qgis-user mailing list, Qgis Wiki

> Your thoughts are appreciated.
>
> -gary

Thanks,
Alex