[Qgis-developer] enabling the overview map

SJWC GIS sjwcgis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:27:21 EDT 2012

Hello,  I'm creating a plugin that modifies the qgis interface defaults
when it's installed.  One of the things I'm trying to do is turn on the
overview map by default.  I haven't found a way to do it yet.  I could only
get as close as...

self.iface.mapCanvas().enableOverviewMode(QgsMapOverviewCanvas(None,
self.iface.mapCanvas()))

This ends up crashing qgis altogether.  I'm guessing it has something to do
with the fact that I have no reference to the existing overview map object,
and trying to create a new one is bad news.  Any insight you could provide
on the best way to accomplish such things (and where in the api I can look
for answers like this) would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Aaron