[Qgis-developer] Handling of donations

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 5 03:50:35 EDT 2012

On 12-04-05 12:33 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Alex Mandel<tech_dev at wildintellect.com>  wrote:
>
> 8<-------- snip ----------------------
>

>> Right now, I think you would need to bring the question or request
>> directly to the OSGeo board. In the future the responsibility of at
>> least initial review of requests will likely be the marketing committee.
>>

> I have already done this (but my message was greeted with silence).
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2012-March/009504.html

Tim,

The board has prepared guidelines on how to decide on sponsorships for
sprints and hackathons.  I think the latest version is at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines

The guidelines, as I recall them, tend to lean towards multi-project
sprints.

If you wish to request funding, I'd suggestion you prepare a fairly
specific request for the board.  Try to get it on the board agenda - you
might want to contact Arnulf who normally chairs or perhaps Michael as
secretary or just add it yourself if you see when the agenda becomes
available in the wiki.  Getting at least one advocate on the board
would be helpful.  Attending the board meeting at which it is discussed
(in irc) would be prudent.

Board meetings are roughly monthly and the board isn't always good at
jumping on informal one time requests.

Best regards,