[Qgis-developer] geometry with geography type column not displayed

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 16:13:20 EDT 2012

Hi,
I created the following table in PostGIS:

CREATE TABLE test.geogQGIS(gid serial,geog geography(Point,4326));

INSERT INTO test.geogQGIS (geog) VALUES
(st_geographyFromText('SRID=4326;Point(-110 30)'));

ALTER TABLE test.geogQGIS ADD CONSTRAINT gid_pk PRIMARY KEY(gid);

but I can not see the table in QGIS! it is loaded but not displayed!

While, if I create a geography column as PointZ, in column "Type" of
PostGIS provider, I see "Detecting...." grayed-out and can do nothing!

QGIS version: master

Anyone confirms?

All the best

-SL