[Qgis-developer] Requiring English for plugins?

Gary Sherman gsherman at geoapt.com
Fri Apr 6 12:53:53 EDT 2012

Currently there is a plugin sitting in the approval queue that is written entirely in French. I have not approved it because I don't know what it does and find it difficult to review the code (yes, I know about Google translate).

Should we require English as the base language for plugins and follow that with i18ln support for translators?

Otherwise, someone who speaks French will have to review the plugin and approve it.

The approval process should require code review to make sure it doesn't have external requirements that are not documented and doesn't make suspect system calls.

-gary

Gary Sherman
GeoApt LLC
  http://geoapt.com