[Qgis-developer] Benchmarking / optimization

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Apr 7 03:08:41 EDT 2012

Il 06/04/2012 13:00, Radim Blazek ha scritto:
> To get comparable results, the benchmark must be run on a computer
> with no or little other load (Linux kernel counts process switching
> overhead in process time) and CPU parameters must not change
> frequently (all the data collected are relative).
>
> The requirement would be a dedicated time (1-2h per day should be
> sufficient) on a server with 2 CPU/cores (the second for database in
> case of db providers).
So, it may be better to have a dedicated virtual server for this?

BTW: can we have an overview of the "qgis servers"? How many, which
services, who is root on which? I think if we need additional resources
(as this thread implies), we can plan for a consolidation & upgrade, and
search ad hoc funding for this.
Thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini