[Qgis-developer] Wrong Area for large polygons in vector/Geometry Tools/Export/Add Geometry Columns

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:14:54 EDT 2012

ok, it seems there are 2 issues here:
1. The wrong results I get with
vector/Geometry Tools/Export/Add Geometry Columns
that are just missing digits to the right for large numbers

Giovanni: which version are you using?

2. The fact that results provided by R are so different. The most
intriguing/worrying is
that the R results are using package sp and package Rgeos.
I'm dealing with Edzer Pebesma regarding this issue in R-sig-geo and
will keep the list
informed. Perhaps I will open a new ticket on this specific subject
but lets wait
to see what Edzer says.

Agus