[Qgis-developer] Qstring has no attribute toStdString

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Apr 11 05:08:15 EDT 2012

On 04/11/2012 10:56 AM, Denis Rouzaud wrote:

> I finally end up using str("%s" % myString), which works.

Hi Denis,

maybe you should use unicode(..) instead of str(...) and be sure to work
with unicode for ALL your strings in your code.

Otherwise you will end up (like me :-( ) to find out that you have
certain character encoding problems in certain code area's (non ascii
character used for example by .... the french ;-) )

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde