[Qgis-developer] Fwd: [SoC] Re: [mentors] OSGeo ranking procedure - deadline today!

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 06:41:12 EDT 2012

One question/suggestion: is it possible to have some kind of
link/coordination between GSoC projects? I am saying this because the
main aim of the " Orfeo Toolbox backend for the Sextante framework in
QGIS" one is to improve SEXTANTE and add new tools to it, but it would
be a bad idea not to try to incorporate the result of other ones line
"Vector Layer Generalization for QGIS" or " QGIS tool for vector data
merging" into SEXTANTE as well. If, as we discussed in Lyon, the idea
is to try to have a common place for all analysis tools, it is not a
good start if new proposals of analytical tools do not get included in
that common framework.

I will be more than pleased to help whoever works on those
projects(mentors and students), in order to have the routines and
methods incorporated as SEXTANTE algorithms as well. It might be some
extra work, but i think it is worth the effort.

Regards