[Qgis-developer] Plugins About dialog: make it more uniform

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 02:09:10 EDT 2012

2012/4/18 Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Etienne Tourigny <etourigny.dev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I think it is a good idea - perhaps agree on a common interface and
>> add it to the plugin builder?
>>
>> This might have been discussed before - but it would be nice to have a
>> base "QgsPlugin" python class that all plugins would inherit from and
>> implement this kind of standardization, but I'm not sure if this would
>> be easy to work with.
>>
>> Etienne
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
>> > Hi

>> > Agreed - any serious objections from the authors?
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Tim

> Since most of this 'about' information is in either the plugin's __init__.py
> or metadata.txt file,

This is a good point: we don't have already find a way to translate
metadata text fields, anyway, I think that using metadata.txt
(__init__.py is deprecated) for all common plugins informations would
allow us to show those informations in the plugin web application and
to expose them in the xml web service.

+1 for using metadata.txt for plugin description, "about" and all
other textual common informations regarding the plugin.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it