[Qgis-developer] Moving SEXTANTE for QGIS from current SVN to GIT repo in hub.qgis.org

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:33:04 EDT 2012

Hi Victor

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking about opening a GIT repo at the hub.qgis.org site, but
> would like to hear your opinions about it. I am more or less new to
> GIT, so maybe someone with more knowledge can guide me in this so we
> can upload it without losing the history of changes. Also, if anyone
> feels like doing it, I wouldn't mind a bit of help :-)

Official QGIS git repository is on GitHub, I would recommend you to
use it too. The site hub.qgis.org is used for bug tracking.

In future I would love to see SEXTANTE core (framework) included
directly in QGIS instead of being just a plugin that users need to
install from a repository. E.g. to have a qgis.sextante python module
next to qgis.core and qgis.gui. That would also simplify the current
situation of plugins requiring another plugin. Only 3rd-party
algorithm providers (e.g. saga, otb, ...) would need to be installed
by users. Would that work for you or do you prefer to keep working on
it separately?

Regards
Martin