[Qgis-developer] Re: Creating a Python plugin for OSSIM-QGIS

Peter Borissow peter.borissow at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 09:08:39 EDT 2012

Vipul-

    Ideally, I would love to see the following:

(1) Develop an OSSIM Image provider used to render raster data in QGIS. There is a little refactoring required to do this since a lot of the core rendering is hard wired to use GDAL. Dave Burken and Tim Sutton should have a copy of the original prototype. There should be a gui component to this where a user can select which provider to use for rendering (GDAL, OSSIM, etc.)

(2) Implement a visual chain editor for OSSIM in QGIS. For this, you may be able to leverage the SEXTANTE or OTB plugins but it might make sense to have a custom/standalone plugin specific for OSSIM.

Peter