[Qgis-developer] pdf or latexpdf?

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 04:27:53 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> If I understand correctly, the default for manual production is make
> pdf. Is there a reason why we did not choose make latexpdf?
> BTW, make pdf is producing invalid pdf here:
>
> Error: May not be a PDF file (continuing anyway)
> Error: PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
> Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
> Error: Couldn't read xref table

Hi Paolo

no one still decided, at least me, if to go with latexpdf or pdf (that
is using rst2pdf).

In any case, regarding your error: do you have in your system PIL? [1]

For me the pdf build for user_guide is working well, instead with
latexpdf I have errors, and the process fails.
Will give a look into this later, now I am consolidating the directory
structure for images, in order to have the possibility to have image
internationalization as well

ciao

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PIL/1.1.6

--