[Qgis-developer] qgis on linuxmint?

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 14:56:38 EDT 2012

Hi!

Having been an ubuntu user for a long time, I do not like ubuntu
versions > 10.04 LTS, even after introducing the necessary tweaks to
get something similar to the classic gnome. I feel ubuntu is heading
towards simple
desktops for office users, not convenient for technical and scientific
work. Perhaps it's time to change
to another linux distribution.

I would like to know if anybody has experience on installing qgis et
al (grass, gdal, otb, saga, sextante...)
on linuxmint, i.e. would the very useful ubuntugis repo be appropriate.

Also, perhaps some exchange of opinions among linux users of qgis
could make most of us converge
towards the same distribution (i.e., perhaps linuxmint is not the
right choice, debian, scientific linux, or just
remaining in ubuntu would be better), which would be very convenient.

Thanks for your inputs,

Agus