[Qgis-developer] pdf or latexpdf?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Apr 30 08:42:53 EDT 2012

hi

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> If I understand correctly, the default for manual production is make
>> pdf. Is there a reason why we did not choose make latexpdf?
>> BTW, make pdf is producing invalid pdf here:
>>
>> Error: May not be a PDF file (continuing anyway)
>> Error: PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
>> Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
>> Error: Couldn't read xref table
>>

> Hi Paolo
>
> no one still decided, at least me, if to go with latexpdf or pdf (that
> is using rst2pdf).

One advantage for me with latexpdf target is that we can post process
the output a little - we already have some expertise to do that within
our group and for my own projects I do this e.g. using the wallpaper
style to put a watermark / image footer on every page. I'm not sure if
this is possible with rst2pdf?

regards

Tim

> In any case, regarding your error: do you have in your system PIL? [1]
>
> For me the pdf build for user_guide is working well, instead with
> latexpdf I have errors, and the process fails.
> Will give a look into this later, now I am consolidating the directory
> structure for images, in order to have the possibility to have image
> internationalization as well
>
> ciao
>
> [1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PIL/1.1.6
>
> --